Version Control with Git First Steps - January 2021
Version control with Git - first steps
Course date: January 14 (session 1) or 27 (session 2)
Course description and application form: session 1 and session 2.
- Start: 9h00
- Lunch break: 12h30 - 13h30 (timing is indicative and depends on class progress)
- End: 18h00
- Zoom link (streamed course): LINK WILL BE SENT BY EMAIL
- Google doc for course: this google document
can be used during the course to ask questions and indicate your progress trough the exercises.
- Introduction to Version Control Systems.
- Basic Git concepts: commits, the HEAD pointer and the Git index.
- Git branches: introduction to branched workflows and collaborative workflow examples.
- Branch management: merge, rebase and cherry-pick.
- Retrieving data from the Git database: git checkout.
- Working with remotes: share your work and collaborate.
- Basics of GitHub and GitLab.
This page is intended for registered participants.
For any assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Environment setup: Git installation and other setup steps to complete before the start of the course.